Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Something To Share

Hey Guys!

As you all well know, we're having our two weeks morning prayer and today's the second day. I strongly encourage everyone to make themselves available for this hour of prayer, and I also want to share what happened to my Mom and I after the morning prayer at Heart of God Church.

Once we reached Pasir Ris, we went to 7-Eleven because my Mom wanted to buy plum juice , she then asked me if Fairprice was already open, I shrugged and said maybe. So we decided to check it out since it was cheaper to buy stuff there.

Fairprice was indeed open and instead of just buying plum juice we bought more stuff like food etc... My mom wasn't sure that she has enough money to pay for the grocery items so she went and drew money AGAIN (because she had already drawn money from the ATM near the MRT station).

She then went to the ATM at Fairprice and the person in front of her in the queue was someone from her cellgroup. My mom noticed that she didn't draw any money and asked if the machine was working, the woman said yes, it was just that she only checked her account balance. It seemed that the woman was in a hurry so they made quick goodbyes.

Once we had paid for the grocery items, my mom asked for a few large plastic bags from the cashier as is her custom. There were only two of us and we couldn't carry a lot of bags, so she uses big plastic bags to put all the other bags in, less bags to carry but same weight.

We parked the cart over to one side and began putting the stuff we bought to bigger plastic bags. And then this is what happened.

A woman comes up to my Mom, my Mom doesn't know cos she had her back to the woman, but I was seeing everything.

The woman taps my Mom on the shoulder.

Woman: Paulin, is it?
My Mom: Yes.
Me (looking incredibly blank because I haven't seen this woman before, I was trying to assess if she was a "safe" person or if she was about to assault my Mom/sell something to my Mom- seriously...this is what I thought)
Woman: The Lord told me to bless you, and you have to take it.
My Mom : Oh no...
Me (thought bubble - WHAT?!)
Woman: No, the Lord told me to bless you, and I told God if I bumped in to you, I would give it to you. I know you might be walking around here. God bless you. (presses some bill in to my Mom's palm)
Me (Eyeing what denomination was she giving, thought bubble -It looks like a $50!)
My Mom: God bless you more.

The things that are so amazing about this incident are:

1. We were not supposed to go to Fairprice.
2. My Mom had not drawn enough money outside the supermarket. And she had to withdraw money at the ATM where her cellgroup member was also checking her account. - TALK ABOUT DIVINE TIMING!
3. The woman didn't even withdraw money, she only checked her account balance! I'm thinking she had to go to the ATM AGAIN to withdraw money.
4. She didn't just hope to "bump" into my Mom again, and then tell God, "Well God, too bad I can't see them now, maybe they've gone home. I can't give this to her". She was walking around looking for my Mom.
5. She's not even sure of my Mom's name, and when I asked my Mom she told me they were not really that close in the cellgroup. That close meaning, she doesn't know our needs and stuff.
6. She gave my Mom $200!!! It wasn't just a $50 note, it was thicker. AND THE MOST AMAZING THING OF ALL:
7. Numbers 1-6 wouldn't have happened if we didn't go for the morning prayer! Today Pastor Aries told us that we must pray for greater blessings this two weeks of morning prayer, within an hour (!) we experienced an unexpected blessing from an almost total stranger!

This Morning Prayer has been very challenging for me because of the fact that I need to wake up early, which is not easy for me. But the benefits and rewards of sacrificing your my time and much needed rest to just come and pray outweigh the "inconvenience".

East people, I hope to see you guys at Heart Of God these next few days! Let's pray up for our spiritual renewal and revival!



No comments: